4/4 TIMES MJC Newsletter
Announcements for Members:
Members, please also review the main dashboard to review blog posts from the director and the music team leader. Guests please go to the Join Us tab for more information.
- Sign up for a PVI Personal Voice Instruction with Jennifer. How lucky is that?
- Friday 11:00 AM Funeral for Marcie. See the email and learn the music to participate
- Next performance at Legacy November 26. Wear Christmas red and black and full chorus makeup.
- Leadership opportunity: If you are willing to learn songs before the chorus learns them to help the chorus learn it or If you would like to learn a tag to teach to the chorus, let Julaire know.
- November 15-16 Retreat with Sharon Babb, International Faculty and Judge Specialist-Friday evening November 15 6:45-10:00pm and and Saturday November16 8:45am -4:00pm. Lunch break around 12:00-1:30. At the LDS church building at 1409 West Shields Lane (9840 South) If you would like, bring snacks to share on Friday and potluck Saturday for lunch. To promote a sense of esprit de corps you are invited to wear pink on Friday night and turquois on Saturday.
- Christmas party December 17th.
- December 24 and 31. No chorus.
- Christmas Chorus is singing strong!! Guests are welcome. Full rehearsal schedule and performance details below.
- January 7 Fresh start for a new year
- January 21- Welcome New Recruits Night!! Invite your friends to join us!!
Please congratulate all of these ladies on their new positions:
- Lynmari is the new bass section leader.
- Lori Zundel will be our new second lead section leader.
- Laura Boyd will be our copyright librarian, going through our old music to see what we still have copyright permission for.
5.5 Months to Contest - April 2-4 in South Dakota.
Kathy Case, Director. Contact her at [email protected]
- Saturday, November 23, 6:00 p.m. Gardner Village We will meet at 5:00 pm to go through the songs.
- Tuesday, November 26, 7:00 p.m. Legacy in the Grand Salon
- Dec 5 at the Expo Center - 9575 S. State Street Time to sing will be 7:50 to 8:20 pm - North Stage Arrival time - about 6:30-45 pm (north area of Expo) to warm up. Wear Christmas red and black -"blingy" would be great!
- Saturday, December 7, 2:00 p.m. Family History Center at Temple Square Call time is 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday rehearsals from 6:00-6:50 p.m. There will be no rehearsal on the second Tuesday, because that is Repertoire review.
Saturday rehearsals will be from 10:00 am to 12:00 p.m. (noon) There will be no Saturday rehearsal on Nov. 16- Sharon Babb rehearsal and Nov 30-Thanksgiving weekend
Saturday Oct.26 10 – noon
Tuesday, Oct.29 6:00 to 6:50 p.m.
Saturday, Nov.2 10-noon
Tuesday, Nov.5 6:00 to 6:50 p.m.
Saturday, Nov.9 10 – noon
Tuesday, Nov 12 6:00 to 6:50 p.m.
Saturday Nov 16 10-noon
Tuesday, Nov 19 6:00-6:50 p.m.
Saturday, Nov.23 Sing at Gardner Village at 6:00 p.m. We will meet at 5:00 pm to go through the songs. There will be no 10 am rehearsal
Tuesday, Nov 26 6:00 – 6:45 p.m. 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Performance for Legacy residents downstairs in the Grand Salon
Saturday, Nov 30 No rehearsal because it is Thanksgiving weekend
Tuesday, Dec.2 6:00 -6:50 p.m.
Saturday Dec.7 Sing at 2:00 p.m. at the Family History Building downtown for the Temple Square series. Call time is 1:00 p.m.