4/4 TIMES MJC Newsletter
Mountain Jubilee has returned to weekly in-person rehearsals on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:50 pm at the Utah School for the Deaf and the Blind (1655 E 3300 S, Salt Lake City).Our concern for the health and safety of our members is paramount, so we are requiring face masks at rehearsals while numbers are high and following CDC guidelines. The option for Youtube rehearsals is still available for those who are at risk or who are not feeling well. https://youtu.be/xxSgpVQlTSY.
This is a great time to join a chorus and we are looking for new members and past members to come sing with us.
- Members, please also review the main dashboard for the weekly rehearsal plan.
- Guests, please also go to the Join Us tab for more information.
We are currently rehearsing at the Utah School for the Deaf and the Blind at 1655 E 3300 S, Salt Lake City (aka the Jean Masseiu School, if searching Google maps). To reach the main parking lot, drive along the west side of the building, then turn left into the lot with both covered and open parking. Rehearsals will be in the auditorium of the school. Just enter from the front and turn right and down at the end of the hall on the left is the auditorium. The doors will be open from 6:55 to 7:05 pm. If you arrive after that, text your section leader to let you in.
- October 11 - "Ignite the Sound" - start Christmas Chorus rehearsals
- December 3 (tentative) - Christmas show
- February 4 - Joint performance with Bella Voce
Post-Covid Live Rehearsal Resumption Plan - May 2021
This document sets forth the elements of the Resumption Plan for Mountain Jubilee Chorus (MJC) returning to live chorus rehearsals. The MJC Management Team has designed this Plan in consideration of current Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and Sweet Adelines International (SAI) recommendations for post Covid resumption of live chorus rehearsals.
The elements and expectations within this Resumption Plan are designed with safety of our members as the top priority. The goal is to provide a safe and fair transition to the gradual restoration of live chorus rehearsals prior to the Covid pandemic.
Resumption Plan Elements
- Vaccine: Members who have been fully vaccinated may attend live rehearsal without wearing a mask. Members who are not fully vaccinated may attend live rehearsal but are required to wear a mask or singers’ mask. The singers mask is at the member’s discretion and not provided by MJC.
- It is also acceptable for members who have been fully vaccinated to wear a mask or singers mask if they so wish. Important Note: Although the Plan is based on CDC and SAI recommendations, it also requires complete honesty of our members. The intent is to keep our members safe which also requires individual trust and participation.
MJC Member Expectations
The following are expectations for participation in post-Covid live rehearsals.
- Do not attend live rehearsal if you have ANY doubts about your health situation.
- Common symptoms such as sore throat, cough, severe headache, body aches, diarrhea, vomiting and elevated temperature may raise concerns. Experiencing any of these symptoms individually should be enough to make you stay home. However, if you experience a combination of symptoms please do not attend live rehearsal and consider being tested for Covid.
- Do not attend live rehearsal if you have had contact with persons infected with Covid.
- If you discover you have had contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid AFTER you have attended live rehearsal, or you have symptoms, or test positive for Covid, you MUST contact Aimee Ibane IMMEDIATELY. All chorus members will be notified asap.
- Please report your Vaccination status to Aimee Ibane by email asap. Please also notify Aimee if you or any of your family members residing with you are immunocompromised.
- If you have already had Covid (confirmed by a test) and you are willing to take the risk of coming to rehearsal, you may attend live rehearsal unvaccinated. Unvaccinated members MUST wear a mask. The MJC management team strongly recommends members get vaccinated for the Covid virus.
- If determined to be necessary, there will be a Member/ Guest sign in sheet at the live rehearsal in the event contact tracing needs to occur.
- MJC members are required to sign the liability waiver provided by Sweet Adelines International.
Director: Jennifer Taylor
Current board members
- Aimee Ibane - President
- To be determined - Music Team Leader
- Lori Zundel - Finance
- Colleen Anderson -Visual Coordinator
- Lynmari Taylor - Event Manager
- Shaura Meservy - Membership
- Sheila Armstrong - Communications
- Colleen Anderson - Performance Chair
- Sherrie Peterson - Secretary
Music Team Leader - Julie Andelin
- Lynmari Taylor - Assistant director
- To be determined - Lead section leader
- Lynmari Taylor- Bari section leader
- To be determined- Bass section leader
- Rebecca Chappell - Tenor section leader
The music team asks all members to take personal responsibility for their performance by establishing a daily practice routine to keep in good voice and stay updated on changes to the current songs.