4/4 TIMES MJC Newsletter
Announcements for Members:
Members, please also review the main dashboard to review blog posts from the director and the music team leader. Guests please go to the Join Us tab for more information.
Performance to add to your calendar March 25. Details below
- March 25 Performance for the West Valley Chamber of Commerce at the Megaplex Theaters in South Jordan at 6:00.
- Send off show at Legacy Retirement Center March 21 2:00. 1:00 call time
- April 2-4 Sweet Adeline Regional Competition in South Dakota - We have a block of rooms arranged at the conference hotel. Choose roommates, make carpools or flight arrangements. It is time to get plans in place.
- For questions on make-up go into the Main Dashboard, "click on documents" go under "visuals" there is a careful description for how to apply stage makeup for MJC. Questions on costume or makeup for performance should be referred to Vick or Vivian
- In Rapid City: Our RahRah breakfast is at 9:00, rehearsal at 10:00, then we have 2 hours to get ready for contest. For the saturday evening banquet, the chorus will pay for members. YAY!! Thanks to singing Valentines!! Guests will pay for themselves.
Goal for 2020- The management team is encouraging all members to take personal responsibility for their performance by establishing a daily practice routine to keep in good voice and stay updated on changes to the current songs.
Each member can sign up for a PVI Personal Voice Instruction with Jennifer. How lucky is that?
Pass offs are now complete. We are on our way to Rapid City!!
Costumes for contest:
Red dress, black pant, black opaque trouser sock and jazz shoes. red earings.
Blue blouse, black pant, necklace and earrings, black trouser sock and jazz shoes
You provide: black mascara; black eyeliner/pencil; eyebrow pencil/powder a bit darker than brow color; lipstick: Revlon Colorstay Overtime in Forever Scarlet (stain with gloss top coat) OR Maybellline SuperStay #035 Keep It Red (stain with overcoat stick); cosmetic brush set; cotton swabs, foundation sponges, tweezers/toothpicks for lash application, make-up remover wipes. (No make-up on white hotel towels.)
MJC provides: lip liner; eyelashes and glue (you may wish to buy black adhesive); foundation; blush; eye shadow. New members: You are billed for half the cost of these items, MJC pays the other half for you. How nice! Replacements are at full cost. I procure them for you.