4/4 TIMES MJC Newsletter
Announcements for Members:
Members, please also review the main dashboard for the weekly rehearsal plan. Guests please go to the Join Us tab for more information.
Mountain Jubilee is rehearsing weekly online Tuesdays at 7:30-8:30. Our director, Jennifer Taylor sends the zoom link to members and guests who contact us. This is a great time to join a chorus and we are looking for new members and past members to come sing with us.
Deadline: December 4 to submit zoom recording of "A Marshmallow World". See details below under music.
For the Christmas Party- send a favorite recipe to Lori Zundel
Region 8 is looking for Sisters in Harmony to serve on the regional board. We would love to have MJC represented. Let Tiffany Lowe know if you are interested.
The winners for the MJC nomination for the international board are Sharon Cartwright, Annika Dellas, Janice Mckenna
- Dues for the next 3 months have been reduced to $100.
- If you are able to pay the regular fee of $150, the $50 will go directly to our riser fund, just let Sherri know.
- We are recording a virtual performance of “A Marshmallow World.” The tracks are on our website. The due date is Dec. 4. Wear your winter attire, if you wish you can record with a virtual background in zoom. Here is the link to submit your videos: https://www.dropbox.com/request/hFhXOvE82Pi6y0RMIECv
- We will re-record Harmonize the World with improved lifted endings
- New recordings are being prepared for our contest set
- Focus on the new music such as: A Million Dreams, Celebrate, and Go The Distance.
Online Events- Great Opportunities- Sweet Adelines, regional and national events are happenin'.
- The videos from the recent regional event are still online for a short time- Take a chance to enjoy them!!
- November 24- no chorus for Thanksgiving week.
- December 8th holiday party on zoom
- December 15,22, 29- Winter break- no rehearsals.
- January 5th- The big return to MJC with Darin Drown!! Don't miss this master class with this master teacher and performer!
Thanks to our new board members for stepping up to the plate for service!!
- Shaura Meservy is our new visual coordinator
- Mary Carol LaPalm is our new secretary
Remember the Goal for 2020- The management team asks all members to take personal responsibility for their performance by establishing a daily practice routine to keep in good voice and stay updated on changes to the current songs.